Sunday, February 7, 2010

My very 1st blog ...

Hello world (well ... at least my little world)! Welcome to my very first blog!

Lately I have found myself getting sucked into the land of reading about other people's lives through their blogs online. So naturally, I felt the need to document my own.

A few years ago I had a necklace engraved with, "Live the life you've always imagined." I guess I've always tried not to be afraid to reach for the stars if I wanted something badly enough (That doesn't even sound like it makes sense ... but I know what I'm trying to say. Can any of you read my mind?). Anyway ... I'm trying to say life has turned out beautifully! I am a happily married stay at home mama. We live in our dream home in the perfect neighborhood. Life is grand!

Does anyone else out there find yourself trying desperately, almost daily, just to be who you really are (Once again, this probably won't make sense unless you can read my mind!)? I have this totally super-amazing life where I truly couldn't ask for more ... yet I find myself continually falling short of my own expectations. On the surface it seems that other moms have it all figured out, so I suppose that I tend to disappoint myself when I feel like my cooking experience, motivation to exercise regularly, time management, personal style and housekeeping skills are less than perfect. I really, truly desire - with all of my heart - to be one of those moms who can do IT ALL, with grace! To let my life be a witness of the wonderful things God has done! Maybe that can be something that over time I'll be able to look back at this blog and see how I grew into that roll! You can all pray for me and I will be accountable to you here. Sounds like a good purpose to blog!

Hmmm ... kind-of an awkward beginning, but thanks so much for reading. Check back again soon. There's always so much going on here ... my next post is bound to be more interesting! Ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB ON FINALLY GETTING A BLOG AND NOT BEING A LURKER! i think your neighbor makes your life even better! (hint hint)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Congratulations on the start to your big yellow house blog. Now if I can just figure out face book...

    ReplyDelete